Phad painting art is a 700-year-old legacy of Rajasthan passed down over generations within a single family. In local dialect Phad means ‘fold’. True to its meaning, Phad is a type of scroll painting that narrates elaborate religious stories.
Here in the Byah series, we have used Phad to show the extensive rituals of Indian wedding. Truest to its glory, Indian wedding is essentially a magnanimous affair expressed through a riot of colors. Although here, to narrate this anecdote, we have carefully selected black and gold, as the color black signifies mystery, while Gold signifies wisdom. Quite a lot like a marriage, which is a mysterious journey of finding each other, trying to know each other’s soul, making errors and eventually gaining wisdom in the form of eternal love.
White fine ceramic Dinner Set decorated with monochrome Phad paintings detailed with 24k gold. All colors and gold used are food safe.
- Fine bone china, 24-karat gold Plated
6 Dinner Plate - 11" diameter
6 Side Plate - 8" diameter
6 Dip Bowl - 4.5" diameter
2 Serving Bowl - 9.5" diameter
- Hand wash with mild detergent.
- Dry with soft cotton cloth.
- Use soft sponge, do not scrub.
- Not microwave & dishwasher safe, it is 24k gold.
- Shipping within India is free of cost
- Shipping time for In-stock items: 7-10 Days
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases