Mughals’ love for nature, art and architecture is a well known fact in Indian history. It is interesting to note that under Jahangir, painting acquired greater charm, refinement and dignity. He had great fascination for nature and took delight in the portraiture of birds, animals and flowers. Jahangir’s love for birds is evident in the miniatures of his time and this influence has transcended through centuries to the present day miniatures. One of the earliest coloured paintings of the Dodo bird have been attributed to the artist Mansur, whose version of the painting is said to be the most accurate when compared to his contemporaries in the West.
The art works in this category showcase the beauty and vibrancy of various birds - some of which we see today and some inspired by old paintings.
- Shipping within India is free of cost
- Shipping time for In-stock items: 7-10 Days
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases