Persian influence on Indian miniature painting stems from the fact that Humanyun brought two of Persian empires best painters, Mir Sayyed Ali and Abdul Samad Khan,to India after his exile. A large number of Indian artists from all over India were recruited to work under the Persian masters.
Though very similar to Indian miniatures of the Mughal era these paintings are bolder in color scheme and have figures which are “Dedh Chashm” (One and a half eyed) unlike the Indian paintings which are generally one eyed. The Mughal style evolved as a result of a happy synthesis of the indigenous Indian style of painting and the Safavid school of Persian painting.
Here is a series of traditional Persian Miniatures paintings that showcase daily scenes and typical use of bold colours here is noteworthy.
- Shipping within India is free of cost
- Shipping time for In-stock items: 7-10 Days
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, please contact us at email@example.com
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases