The British born Indian architect Laurie Baker, also known as the ‘Gandhi of Architecture’, championed the use of local materials and techniques of vernacular architecture creating extensive permutations with Bricks, patterns and bonds in his works. A tribute to his works, the Laurie Bricks are a set of perfectly handmade 1:5 scale terracotta bricks inviting people of all ages to play!
Packaged in a brick-sized box, the gross (144 or a dozen/ dozen) of bricks, comes with a small trowel for bonding them using a desi mortar called ‘ Lai ’ . Made with wheat, ‘ Lai ’ is a natural Indian glue that can be broken down by soaking the bricks in water, making the set reusable.
Include this delightful miniature example of ‘slow architecture’ in your collection of table-top wonders and lead a creatively fulfilling life!
- Shipping within India is free of cost
- Shipping time for In-stock items: 7-10 Days
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases